Fort Lauderdale Real Estate Lawyer, Serving All of Florida
There is nothing more exciting than successfully buying or selling a new piece of property.
Whether it is your family home or a piece of commercial real estate that you hope to build into a real estate empire, there are few things better than getting the keys to your new property.
Unfortunately, any property purchase or sale can have a major downside if unforeseen problems arise.
By contacting a real estate lawyer before finalizing your sale, you can help ensure that your transaction will run smoothly.
Preventing Disputes Before They Occur:
Disputes aren’t uncommon in the world of real estate, and a dispute can arise for a variety of reasons.
Real estate disputes can be both time consuming and costly for everyone involved.
Examples of real estate disputes include but are not limited to:
- Failure to disclose problems with the property (non-disclosure of defects/fraud)
- Breach of fiduciary duty on the part of the real estate agent
- Undue pressure to buy from the real estate agent
- Errors and/or omissions on the part of the real estate agent
- Zoning disputes
- Easement disputes
- Quiet title disputes (unsettled claims relating to a property title that obscure the ownership of the property)
- Foreclosure disputes
- Condemnation disputes
- Recession claims
If at all possible, it is prudent to take action in order to avoid arbitration or litigation, as opposed to waiting for problems to occur.
At Schecter Law, our real estate attorneys have significant experience in both the review and preparation of real estate purchase agreements, as well as litigating a broad spectrum of disputes that may arise in connection with the purchase of property.
Our real estate attorneys will work tirelessly to identify any potential pitfalls in a purchase agreement.
By preventing these disputes before they arise, a person can significantly save time and money. If a dispute does arise, our attorneys have experience in the courtroom advocating for our clients.
No matter what your property needs are, our real estate lawyers can provide help with these complex matters.
Purchasing a Home or Business Property:
Making the decision to buy real estate, either for business or residential use, is a big step.
It is critical that you have the support of an experienced Fort Lauderdale real estate lawyer on your side before you finalize the transaction.
Buying a Home
The dream of many Florida residents is to own their own home. However, buying a home can be an arduous process that can easily become complicated.
There are many things you need to look for when purchasing a home, including:
- The home’s condition, and what types of repairs will be needed immediately and in the long-term
- How much heating and cooling costs will be, especially when considering purchasing an older home with outdated insulation and heating/cooling mechanisms
- Whether the space available will be enough to accommodate your family now and in the future
- Whether the plumbing is good, and if there is significant mold accumulation anywhere in the home
- Whether the area is prone to natural problems, like wildfires or flooding
At Schecter Law, our experienced lawyers understand how to guide families step-by-step through each stage.
By working with an attorney you trust to have your best interests at heart, you can be confident when making one of the largest purchases of your life.
Buying Business Property
Zoning and land use are among the chief concerns when it comes to purchasing property for your business. Also consider the space in relation to how you conduct business.
Some questions to ask yourself before buying a business property are:
- Is there enough space now and in the future when your business grows?
- Will you need to make major repairs or renovations in order for the space to fit your business?
- Is the location where potential customers can easily find you?
- Is there ample parking for customers?
These are just a few of the things that you’ll need to consider before buying a business property.
At Schecter Law, we have the expertise and resources to help you carefully select a space for your business that is perfect for you now and in the future.
Selling a Home or Business Property
Many people mistakenly believe that selling a home or business property is easier than buying.
However, the process of selling commercial or residential real estate can be just as complex, if not even more so.
Selling Your Home
If you’ve made the decision to sell your home, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the process.
Working with a real estate agent is beneficial, but they cannot provide you with legal advice.
An attorney that specializes in Florida residential real estate sales, on the other hand, can help you to better understand the inner workings of the home sales process, as well as protect your rights and interests in the final agreement.
There are several things to think about when selling your home, such as:
- Having the home appraised in order to determine its market value
- Giving the real estate agent plenty of lead time in order to effectively market your home to potential buyers
- Making repairs and cosmetic changes in order to either increase the sale price of your home or help it to sell faster
At Schecter Law, we can help you move through the process of selling your home as quickly and easily as possible.
Selling Commercial Real Estate
If you have commercial real estate space that you would like to sell, you want to make sure you are getting the most out of the deal.
You also want to be sure that your expectations are in line with the commercial real estate sales process. Often, the start of the process is slow and finding a buyer doesn’t always happen right away.
Zoning and land use issues are critical when it comes to selling property for commercial use, and fully understanding these laws and how they relate to your sale is imperative.
At Schecter Law, we can guide you throughout each stage of selling your commercial property, in order to ensure you receive the highest possible return on your investment and the process goes as smoothly as possible.
Contact Schecter Law Today
Our lawyers bring a wealth of knowledge and experience to the table; our senior partner has more than 37 years of experience.
We are a large enough law firm to find creative solutions for complex legal problems, yet small enough to provide hands-on, personal services to our clients.
Because our firm’s overhead is significantly less than that of a larger firm, we are able to consistently offer our legal services at a rate you can afford.
We utilize the team approach because we believe that collaboration enhances the quality of service to our clients and adds value to our representation.
Don’t Let Real Estate Issues Bring You Down — Get Support Now
Our experienced real estate attorneys bring insightful legal analysis and hard work in every aspect of your case. We dedicate detailed and in-depth attention and analysis to all of our cases at a level that surpasses the big firms, but with legal fees that do not.
This allows you to save money while sacrificing nothing in terms of expertise or quality of representation. We take great pride in our client satisfaction and in fostering a level of trust through open communication.
We are committed to our clients as we are to their cases:
- your phone calls are returned promptly
- the lawyer assigned to your file is directly accountable to you
- you will always be able to contact the partner in charge directly, without any buffers.
If you are currently negotiating to buy, sell, invest in, or develop a property, contact Schecter Law without hesitation. We strive to produce satisfied clients and we would be happy to assist in any mortgage or purchase agreements you may have.
Call now at (954) 779-7009 to discuss your real estate and legal needs with a seasoned Florida attorney. We are available now to help you.